â–º Listen Live
HomeRegional NewsNewsBig changes at Silver King Campus almost complete

Big changes at Silver King Campus almost complete

Selkirk College students are among those gearing up for back to school next week. Students heading to Nelson’s Silver King Campus will notice some big changes. College president Angus Graeme says the new carpentry building will be finished on September 10. “It’s a brand new building for the foundation and apprentice carpentry students and it’s a beautiful, beautiful building – all in wood and really just an inspiring place for them to attend classes.”

Graeme says the new student commons building should be finished in October. “It’s really, really looking beautiful and lots of window and natural lighting and again a modern food services facility with wifi and seating, et cetera.”

He says there have also been upgrades for many of the trades programs with new shops and state of the art equipment.

Graeme expects enrollment numbers to stay about the same this year – only because most of the programs are full. “There comes a time where you run out of classrooms, so turning more and more to blended online delivery but also looking this year at possible evening class timing as well. Working with transit, of course, with busing arrangements on that.”

Graeme says roughly 20 per cent of the student population is international and he’s proud to welcome students from around the world to Selkirk College.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading