Listen Live
HomeRegional NewsNewsCastlegar looking at options for Millennium Park concession

Castlegar looking at options for Millennium Park concession

No one has stepped forward to run the Celgar Pavilion concession at Millennium Park in Castlegar this summer.

Chief financial officer Ola Oladele told city council this week that after a first request for proposals failed to produce any offers, they advertised a second time.

“I thought there was one coming in, but we didn’t get any,” he said. “The next step is figuring out other options to pursue to make sure we have something for the summer.”

He said that likely means reaching out to specific service providers and coming up with an arrangement.

- Advertisement -

In recent years the concession has been operated by Castlegar and District Community Services, although they had a staffing crunch last year, resulting in Sunday closures.

Oladele said while the city has charged a minimal amount for use of this space, at this point they may make it free, or provide a subsidy.

The City of Trail is providing $25,000 to Career Development Services to run the concession in Gyro Park this year, which has been closed since 2019.

“If you are a food business and you would like to use the pavilion for the summer, please speak to Mr. Odalele,” mayor Maria McFaddin said.

The only requirement is that the business be licensed.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading