Listen Live
HomeRegional NewsNewsRubber glove possible cause of Hume fire?

Rubber glove possible cause of Hume fire?

Another chapter in the colorful history of a Nelson landmark.

That’s how Hume Hotel GM Ryan Martin is reflecting on the fire and evacuation of the downtown building yesterday morning.

Smoke was billowing out of the laundry room vents and then throughut the hotel and they suspect the cause was in one of the dryers.


The Hume has had it’s fair share of fires over the years.

Martin says emergency personnel and staff worked very well to get everyone out and guests took it all with good grace.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading