Listen Live
HomeRegional NewsNewsWatch batteries burn car

Watch batteries burn car

A motor vehicle in Nelson has been badly damaged after a fire caused by a bag of lithium batteries.

Apparently the driver was transporting the old watch-style batteries for recycling when they exploded.

When the fire department arrived at the local recycling centre by-standers had already tackled much of the blaze with dry chemical extinguishers.

The Fire Chief is warning the public that batteries can short-out with something as simple as paper clip and these items should be stored properly.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading